"Humor, romance, and unexpected turns." Pursued by the Playboy by @jill_blake_



Cover links to Amazon.com

Pursued by the Playboy

Doctors of Rittenhouse Square

Written by Jill Blake

Genre: Medical Romance

Amazon  | Goodreads  | Twitter  | Facebook


When a bachelor who's finally looking to settle down comes up against a career-driven woman who doesn't believe in love, sparks ignite and passions flare.

Kate Warner isn't interested in romance. After years of bearing silent witness to the disaster zone of her parents' marriage, the last thing Kate wants is a husband and kids. Besides, she's on the fast track to academic success, bent on making a name for herself as a cancer researcher at an Ivy League university.

Enter Dr. Marc DiStefano, star of the university hospital's department of gynecologic oncology. Dissatisfied with the Barbie-doll wanna-be's of his past, and prompted by his large, close-knit family to think about the future, Marc sets his sights on Kate.

That's when the problems begin. Kate's passive-aggressive mother moves in. Marc's meddling, if well-intentioned, sisters stir the pot. An unexpected pregnancy threatens to derail Kate's tenure ambitions.

Set against the backdrop of Philadelphia's oldest neighborhoods, with an ensemble cast of richly-drawn characters, Pursued by the Playboy offers a fresh take on contemporary love: real-life problems, plenty of humor, and the optimistic promise of a happy--if imperfect--ever after.



An excerpt from

Pursued by the Playboy


.

Here's what

Fans are saying


Ms. Blake has done an excellent job of blending humor, romance, and unexpected turns to create a four-star worthy story that I instantly fell in love with. I am glad that this is the first book in a series, because I'll be anxiously awaiting book 2 in this awesome series! Well done, Ms. Blake. Bring on the next!



How can you not love a guy who's smart, sexy, a doctor without the God complex? And did I mention sexy?

The plots moves quickly and the dialogue flows well. I stayed up until 3 a.m. reading the book because I just couldn't put it down until I was done--it was that good!



Author Bio


Jill Blake


When I was kid, my mom would take us walking in the park. Whenever someone would stop to coo over my baby sister and ask how old we were, Mom inevitably answered: "The doctor is 7, and the lawyer is 1."

Fast-forward a few decades, and what do you know? Doctor and lawyer, bingo!

I love practicing medicine. I especially enjoy the rewards of taking care of entire families over long periods of time.

But secretly, I always dreamed about writing. Over the years, I dabbled as time permitted: freelancing for various local newspapers, doing a summer stint as a teaching assistant at a creative writing program, penning a few manuscripts that promptly got relegated to the bottom of some desk drawer.

Thanks to my wonderful husband, who encouraged me to blow the dust off one of those manuscripts, I'm finally pursuing my dream! Not full-time, to be sure. I'm still a physician with a busy practice, and a mom with three kids. But after the charts are done and the kids are asleep, it's just me and my laptop---and, boy, am I having fun!